Can this tablet be saved?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deubanks

I have this old ACER Tablet that I bought several years ago. I don't remember if it had win 7 or 8 on it. It was updated to WIN 10 several years ago.
Some time ago I upgraded it to the latest version of Win 10. I did not used it until a couple of days ago and found that it does not have a sound device.
It will not play any sound.
Can a sound device be added?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 32 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20210406233748.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z3735F @ 1.33GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 55 Stepping 8, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 2 GB
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: 28 GB (16 GB Free);
Motherboard: Acer Popcorn, ver To be filled by O.E.M., s/n NBG5C11001609F1EBC7200
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 3, s/n NTG53AA0056117B9C07200
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Go to the ACER web site, locate the support page for that tablet model and see if there are drivers for sound.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to the information in your log, you have an Acer One 10 S1002-145A 2-in-1 Netbook

According to its support site, it came with Windows 10 Home 32-bit and these specs:
10.1" touchscreen display (1280 X 800)
Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz quad core processor
2 GB DDR3L-RS 1333 MHz RAM
32 GB eMMC flash drive
Intel HD Graphics 311 MHz
Realtek RL-SM02BD 802.11b/g/n wireless

It does not have an integrated sound device, therefore no sound driver exists for it.

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

deubanks

It had sound when I bought it. It has never been used much. It shows a speaker in the left bottom corner with a red x on it.
It also has speaker up and down keys on the keyboard and it has a headphone jack.

I tried to get support on the acer website and it did not recognize the serial no. I will try it again.

deubanks

According to the information in your log, you have an Acer One 10 S1002-145A 2-in-1 Netbook

According to its support site, it came with Windows 10 Home 32-bit and these specs:
10.1" touchscreen display (1280 X 800)
Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz quad core processor
2 GB DDR3L-RS 1333 MHz RAM
32 GB eMMC flash drive
Intel HD Graphics 311 MHz
Realtek RL-SM02BD 802.11b/g/n wireless

It does not have an integrated sound device, therefore no sound driver exists for it.

-------------------------------------------------
How did you find it on the ACER website? I just tried again and the serial no. was not recognized.

deubanks

How did you find it on the ACER website? I just tried again and the serial no. was not recognized.
I found it now but when I select drivers and manuals and enter the serial no. it does not recognize it.
Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

Couriant

James
Considering it has a mic and a webcam, I would be surprised if it didn't have a sound card of some kind.

@deubanks If you check Device Manager for Sounds drop down or Other Devices, do you see any with an ! mark?

I found the drivers for the model, but it has only 4 drivers, none are the sound drivers. I suspect since this machine is about 6-8 years old, acer is no longer going to provide the drivers online (most old machines usually don't). Do you by chance have a thumb drive/disc that came with this? I would think they did not include a recovery partition because of the low hard drive space.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
James:
When I checked its support site, it listed no sound device and no sound driver for it in Windows 8.1 and 10 32-bit.
I checked a few other sites, and they also listed no sound device for it.
They all listed it as having a touchscreen and microphone port.

------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
James:
When I checked its support site, it listed no sound device and no sound driver for it in Windows 8.1 and 10 32-bit.
I checked a few other sites, and they also listed no sound device for it.
They all listed it as having a touchscreen and microphone port.

------------------------------------------------
It is certainly weird not to have sound but the OP said it had sound before and that some reviews shows it has speakers.... very strange indeed and I suspect due to the age we won't see much info

deubanks

Considering it has a mic and a webcam, I would be surprised if it didn't have a sound card of some kind.

@deubanks If you check Device Manager for Sounds drop down or Other Devices, do you see any with an ! mark?

I found the drivers for the model, but it has only 4 drivers, none are the sound drivers. I suspect since this machine is about 6-8 years old, acer is no longer going to provide the drivers online (most old machines usually don't). Do you by chance have a thumb drive/disc that came with this? I would think they did not include a recovery partition because of the low hard drive space.
No recovery software came with it.

deubanks

It is certainly weird not to have sound but the OP said it had sound before and that some reviews shows it has speakers.... very strange indeed and I suspect due to the age we won't see much info
Yes it does have speakers and had sound when I bought it, It has not been used in several years.

deubanks

It does not show a sound device in device manager and it has no ! or anything yellow.
When I go to Sound in the control panel it says no sound device installed.
Will a clean restore of windows add the drivers back?

Couriant

James
You can try, but I think the issue is more hardware related as it's not showing in Device Manager at all. Perhaps you can try using a Linux LiveUSB, where you can use a Linux OS from the thumb drive (doesn't install on the computer) and see if that can detect the sound.

deubanks

I restored windows but it did not help. It would not download from Microsoft but it
restored from the tablet. I don.t know how it did that. It does not show a restore drive.
Probably can't be fixed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online