Can this tablet be saved?

deubanks

Go here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6142?b=1&pn=NT.G53AA.005

and get the 'Platform Drivers Installer'. That includes an audio driver as well as several other drivers (for Win 10 32-bit). To install all, unzip and run setup.exe
I got the 'Platform Drivers Installer and tried to install them, but everytime I tried they the instillation would start and then stop. An error would pop up saying a reboot is needed to roll back changes made. It would give the same error every time I rebooted and started over. I don't know what changes were made. It is a new win10 install from last night.

Could be an issue with one of the other drivers in that package.
Since you really just want the audio driver, you could try this:

Open command prompt as an admin (Search for cmd, right click on Command Prompt app, and select Run as Administrator).

CD to the directory where you unzipped the Platform Drivers zip.

CD Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86\Installer\PlatformInstaller\Drivers\Audio

Ensure you are in the right place, by using this command:

dir

and looking for these files in the ensuing list:
isstrtc.inf and rtii2sac.inf

Then these 2 commands will install those drivers:

pnputil -i -a isstrtc.inf

pnputil -i -a rtii2sac.inf

Those commands are taken directly from the install.bat in Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86\Script
The syntax (-i, -a) is legacy, but I think it is still valid. It should add and install the 2 drivers in the audio folder of this Platform drivers archive (one from Intel, one from Realtek).

Whether that will fix your problem or not, I am not sure.

And again this all presupposes you installed Win 10 Home 32-bit.

If you still get errors, it probably means these inf files aren't compatible with current versions of Windows 10, seeing as they are from 2015. What version of Windows 10 did you install? 21H1?

There's not going to be any updates on this from Acer, but there may be something from Intel or Realtek. I would have to look into it further...

deubanks

Could be an issue with one of the other drivers in that package.
Since you really just want the audio driver, you could try this:

Open command prompt as an admin (Search for cmd, right click on Command Prompt app, and select Run as Administrator).

CD to the directory where you unzipped the Platform Drivers zip.

CD Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86\Installer\PlatformInstaller\Drivers\Audio

Ensure you are in the right place, by using this command:

dir

and looking for these files in the ensuing list:
isstrtc.inf and rtii2sac.inf

Then these 2 commands will install those drivers:

pnputil -i -a isstrtc.inf

pnputil -i -a rtii2sac.inf

Those commands are taken directly from the install.bat in Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86\Script
The syntax (-i, -a) is legacy, but I think it is still valid. It should add and install the 2 drivers in the audio folder of this Platform drivers archive (one from Intel, one from Realtek).

Whether that will fix your problem or not, I am not sure.

And again this all presupposes you installed Win 10 Home 32-bit.

If you still get errors, it probably means these inf files aren't compatible with current versions of Windows 10, seeing as they are from 2015. What version of Windows 10 did you install? 21H1?

There's not going to be any updates on this from Acer, but there may be something from Intel or Realtek. I would have to look into it further...
I am not sure what cd means. These two files are not in the dir list.

Last edited:
You must be running those pnputil commands from the directory that contains those 2 inf files.

Is that the case?

texasbullet

Ramon
Try the free version of driver booster 8. It will scan your computer and check for any missing drivers and you can choose if you want to install them. It is not a spam cause I have used it a few times and it really works. Once you have installed the drivers you can just uninstall it. Do not run the other things that may appear such as the cleaners etc. You may get some pop ups but just ignore them.

deubanks

It updatedd some rives but did not install any new ones.
I think that I will give up on this tablet. Not worth the trouble and probably can't be fixed.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Can you find the folder with these inf files in File Explorer?
You unzipped this somewhere, need to start there (is it in Documents or Downloads?).
Then drill down thru these folders:

Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86

Installer

PlatformInstaller

Drivers

Audio

You should see the 2 inf files. Now copy the address bar of File Explorer: Click in the address bar, highlight everything, then press Ctrl + C

Open Command Prompt as admin, then type:

cd "

then press Ctrl+V to paste the address, then type " to close the quote, then press enter.

do the dir command again, and you should see the inf files.

Now you can run the 2 pnputil commands.

Note that if you unzipped to a drive other than C, or you have relocated your user folders to a drive other than C, and you unzipped in one of these user folders like Documents or Downloads, then you first need to type:

<Drive Letter>:

where <Drive Letter> is the letter of that drive (ie D: or F: ) then press enter, then do the CD command as above. This is because command prompt as admin opens in "C:\Windows\System32" by default, so you have to change to the appropriate drive letter before you can navigate to a folder on that drive. Ignore this if you unzipped to C or your user folders are on C, which is where they are by default.

texasbullet

Ramon
I had an old desktop (XPS 600) with Windows XP and tried installing Windows 10 on it. I could only install the 32 bit version on it but sometimes I got errors when turning on or off computer. Only OS I did not had any problems with was Windows 7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online