1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can u give me an antivirus that wont give m,e a virus or start closing my computer do

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sara260783, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sara260783

sara260783 Banned Thread Starter

i updated my windows todaY with is it service pk 2 and logged off i have just logged back on and says that i must activate windows in 30 days else windows wont work nomore and a screen came up to type in a serial code is it do they want the service pk 2 or windows key activation code seriaL code whatever it is!
    thanks sara

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Iit would be the original Windows XP key code. If yours was a "pre-installed" version then there will also be a sticker on the case of the PC with the number, as well as with the original documentation.

3. sara260783

in the tool bar something keeps on coming up saying activate windows with a little picture of 2 keys my dads friend from london installed my windows programme which is a reatil copy but i dont know the code key product is it
    but windows is saying that if i dont activate it in 30 days it wont continue to work
    pllllleeeeaaaasssseeeeee hellllllpppp
    i wasnt having this trouble b4 i stated upodating now this and windows was already activatedf well working so whats the problem!!!

4. sara260783

hi i have posted a reply can u plz get back to me thanksxx

5. sara260783

hi i have this thing come up in my tool bar saying to activate windows witha picture of 2 keys my dads friend actually installed my win xp and he lives in london so i havent got the key code
    what do i do now it is a reatil copy but i havent got the key code because it was my dads friends disk
    alos can u help me out with a free antivirus programme that will also get rid of virus's one that isnt going to start to close my computer down or give me a virus pllllleeeaaasssssseeeeeeee!!!
    what will happpen if i dont activate windows in the 30 days told to do so?
    thanks saraxx

6. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You wont be ablet to login after 30 days.

You can use AVG for your antivirus. It works great and is free.

http://free.grisoft.com

7. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

That is an illegal installation

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

If you don't activate windows in 30 days, you won't be able to boot into windows, as mentioned in post #2 :D

Pretty cool huh? It's called PIRACY PROTECTION.

Closing thread.

And by the way, I have merged your other thread with this one. Please don't duplicate post, and please do not post another question until you have a legal copy of windows installed.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!