1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can use anything on pc

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by smitysmit, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smitysmit

smitysmit Thread Starter

evrything i click on on my xp laptop it says memory could not be read and also having this like this makes it so i cant remove the spyware i hav also got so its very frustrating!

2. smitysmit

smitysmit Thread Starter

sorry about the can its suppos to be can't

3. 1stoptek

1stoptek

Its hard to exactly understand what is happening, but I would try booting into safe mode by tapping F8 while starting up the computer, and logging into the Administrator account.

Once you're there, try running your anti-spyware software and see if it rids you of the bad spyware if this is the problem.

Another option is to try System Restore in Accessories in your programs. This can restore your computer back to a day when everything was working correctly, but its a long shot with your problem.

Let us know of your findings

4. smitysmit

smitysmit Thread Starter

i tried the thing with the safe mode but as soon as i can log in as admin it just restarts the laptop!

5. 1stoptek

1stoptek

Ok, try this. This is going to take awhile, but it might work. When you hit F8 on startup, select Safe Mode Command Prompt. Once the black screen is present, then Type "chkdsk /r" there is a space between chkdsk and /r just in case you can't tell on the post.

This will check your computer hard drive for errors and hopefully fix them. It might take about an hour, but if you have damaging spyware on your computer, you may just need to get your data backed up and then reload windows on it.

6. smitysmit

smitysmit Thread Starter

i hav tried that with command prompt in safe mode ill see if it will work normally also the spyware is antivirus xp a scam

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice