Can use anything on pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smitysmit

evrything i click on on my xp laptop it says memory could not be read and also having this like this makes it so i cant remove the spyware i hav also got so its very frustrating!

Its hard to exactly understand what is happening, but I would try booting into safe mode by tapping F8 while starting up the computer, and logging into the Administrator account.

Once you're there, try running your anti-spyware software and see if it rids you of the bad spyware if this is the problem.

Another option is to try System Restore in Accessories in your programs. This can restore your computer back to a day when everything was working correctly, but its a long shot with your problem.

Let us know of your findings

smitysmit

i tried the thing with the safe mode but as soon as i can log in as admin it just restarts the laptop!

Ok, try this. This is going to take awhile, but it might work. When you hit F8 on startup, select Safe Mode Command Prompt. Once the black screen is present, then Type "chkdsk /r" there is a space between chkdsk and /r just in case you can't tell on the post.

This will check your computer hard drive for errors and hopefully fix them. It might take about an hour, but if you have damaging spyware on your computer, you may just need to get your data backed up and then reload windows on it.

smitysmit

i hav tried that with command prompt in safe mode ill see if it will work normally also the spyware is antivirus xp a scam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online