1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can view all websites, but cannot sign in to AOL

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by chestyb3, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chestyb3

chestyb3 Thread Starter

I can view any website on Firefox and IE7--even www.aol.com. However, nothing happens when I try to sign in to AOL either from my browser or using AOL's software. I've recycled my modem, reset my router, cleared the cache and cookies from all browsers and uninstalled/reinstalled AOL... Is this an ISP issue, router issue, or are there some other settings somewhere I can check since it seems to be isolated to signing in to AOL? Thanks.

2. zookre

zookre

my grandaughter had that problem on my computer and found out that she had to turn off the popup blocker for it to work and that did the trick, now if I could only get her to remember to turn it back on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice