1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can we install the XP when redhat is already installed in the laptop.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vschitturi, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vschitturi

vschitturi Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a laptop which is dell company and my doubt is can we install the XP operating system in the second partition when already there is a Red Hat Linux operating system installed in it i am asking about the dual operating system.

Awaiting for the reply.

Thank you for your valauble time.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you have a free partition, then you can install XP. Many people do that. Others just use a virtual machine and run RedHat inside XP at the same time as XP is running. You could also use the Linux version of VirtualBox to run XP inside RedHat.

There are all kinds of possibilities.

3. vschitturi

vschitturi Thread Starter

hi elvandil,

what you said is exactly right but there is something like first if we install xp in laptop we cannot install linux in the second partition or first if we install linux then we cannot install windows in the second partition. so what is exactly right or nothing like that?

Awaiting for the reply.

Thank you for your valuable time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/898069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice