1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can windows automatically load a certain user without the screen to select a user

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by videocheez, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. videocheez

videocheez Thread Starter

I recently added an admin user to my comp. and the problem is that now when i reboot i have to either select admin or myself. i do a lot of remoting to my comp when im away and if i need to reboot im gonna be stuck because the comp will not automatically reload my profile. If there is no way to do this, how can i delete a user from the comp. Ill just get rid of the admin user.
    Thanks in advance,

VC

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

If I am understanding you correctly, I think this will help:

From an Administrator account, click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2. Remove the check mark from Users must enter a username and password and click Apply. Follow the prompts.

See if that helps. Good luck! :)

3. mobo

mobo

Dowload Tweak ui then extend the logon section and check the box for auto logon. As well, under power options and advanced tab uncheck the "prompt for password box"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/160801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice