1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can you build TWO PCs (for yourself only) and buy & use ONE copy of Windows for both?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Dallas_USA, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dallas_USA

Dallas_USA Thread Starter

A buddy wants to do this: "activate" Windows on computer1, and then NOT activate Windows on computer2 (meaning he'd simply reinstall Windows every 30-days on computer2 when "time's up" for activation, lol)?

Would that work? And is it "legal" [are the first 30-days technically a "trial period"]?

[*Edit: Nevermind-- After reviewing the Windows EULA again, I told him to buy 2 copies!... However, I, myself, am curious to know how Windows licensing applies when installing Windows in multiple Virtual PC sessions on the same computer??]

2. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

So, you are looking for advise on how to cheat the system? Or are you wanting to know if your buddy's scheme will work?

3. Dallas_USA

Dallas_USA Thread Starter

B) will it work?...

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    will it work? the answer is no.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice