1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can you burn WMV files to either (S)VCD or DVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by LewisSellers, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LewisSellers

LewisSellers Thread Starter

Hey,

I have some video clips that I have recorded with my digital camera and I just got around to buying a firewire card and ripping it to my computer, but they ripped to WMV format, is there anyway i can either convert the wmv format to either go on a DVD or a VCD / SVCD disk

Thanks

Lewis:confused:

2. saltydawgs

saltydawgs Account Closed

what program came along with your digital camera, there may be an input already built in to automatically change formats to be compatible with a DVD.

3. LewisSellers

I got Windows movie maker and unlead video editor.

Thats it :(

4. passionate

passionate

Nero will do the job if you have Nero installed on your computer. I have done this process before. It's pretty easy, just follow the screen and do what it says.

5. thecoalman

thecoalman

Capture as DV-AVI, do not use WMV if you're intention is to put this video on DVD. DV-AVI is essentially a transfer of the footage from the cam to your computer, like copying a file. You can make a DVD compliant disc with the Ulead program.

6. LewisSellers

oh right, i'll try it out later... cheers for the heads up coalman :p

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/479056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice