1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can you change your IP?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Act0r721, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Act0r721

Act0r721 Thread Starter

Can you change your IP? If so, how?

2. steamwiz

steamwiz

Why do you want to ?

The answer is NO - you can change your isp and then your IP would change, because your isp assigns you your ip

If you're on dial-up, your ip will be continualy changing, unless you have a static ip, which I think is pretty rare nowadays.

Anyway YOU cant change your IP, but you can fool a website into thinking you come from a different IP by going through a proxy.

3. Act0r721

Act0r721 Thread Starter

I got banned from an mIRC channel (yeah, I know, shame on me lol). Can you fool them with a proxy?

4. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

if you have broadband internet all u do is unplug the power and plug it back in to get a new ip!!!!

5. Act0r721

Act0r721 Thread Starter

Tried it, didn't work.

6. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    While I can understand your dilemma, we have the same issues here at this site when we disable a profile. That being said, I'm closing this thread ....

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice