1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can you enable the built in adminstator account as a standard user?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nincro, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nincro

Nincro Thread Starter

Okay so i dont have access to any administrator accounts due to the fact that our admin forgot his password and the rest of us are standard users. So can we enable it as a standard user to use the admin account in safe mode?

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

To run the command net user Administrator active:yes in Command Prompt, you must first type net user Administrator followed by the name of an Administrative account and the password. Try it with one of your accounts but I can't see it working. To bring up the Command Prompt, use the Windows key and R together.

If that won't work, you'll need to reinstall Windows 7.

3. Nincro

Nincro Thread Starter

But i dont know the password...

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    we are unable to assist with password assistance here -so closing post
    see the rules
    http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/979291

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice