1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can you help me?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by NIKOLABUDVa, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NIKOLABUDVa

NIKOLABUDVa Thread Starter

first,sorry my english is bad...

i have a problem.I use windows xp,service pack 2,When I right-click on a file and select "Open With" then "Choose Program" nothing happens...

can i solve this problem

thanks

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

3. NIKOLABUDVa

when i click open with,i get a list of programs,like words,windows media,nero,quick time....but i cant open option..CHOOSE PROGRAM,when i clik choose program nothing happens,Until yesterday everything was Ok,but suddenly i have I have this problem

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Try this fix: EXEFIX

Save the .reg file to your desktop. Double-click it to merge it to the registry.

Reboot.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

5. NIKOLABUDVa

sorry Phantom010,but i not cope with computers,can you explaine me step by step what i have to do....

or you can tell me is this a serious probelm or i can use windows normally?

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Click on EXEFIX.

Save it to your desktop.

Once saved to your desktop, double-click it and it will merge to the registry automatically.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

Don't forget to reboot the computer after applying the fix.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice