can you help? xp cd writing wizard not showing up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

squeaky

i am trying to backup some important files because i need to reformat and for some reason when i click on the link "write these files to cd" all i get is a classic xp error/warning, dull "dong" sound and no wizard appears. of course this had to happen before i got a chance to backup. can anyone help please

update- instead of dragging the files onto the CD-R window i thought i would try copying and pasting them in and then right clickin to write to cd, BUT it won't let me paste into that window....what is going on? :confused: :(

You should be able to run whatever program you have to burn CD's, select the option to create a data CD, and then add the files you want to copy.

squeaky

Hi, i was just using whatever it is that comes with xp nothing flashy and i don't know what, maybe roxio but there was nothing in my program files, anyway all is fine now. i just downloaded a trial for some cd burning program and used that, now i have done a system restore using the restore disks i got with the pc and everything is going well.

pain in the *** reinstalling stuff though, i hate that and putting the right files in the right place. keeps me busy tho....thanks stantley :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online