1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can you install Office 2003 Professional over Office 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Cowboy622, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cowboy622

Cowboy622 Thread Starter

This isn't an upgrade. I bought the full version Office Professional 2003 and would like to install it over what I have now. I had Office 97 and an upgrade CD to Office 2000. Will I lose anything to install Office 2003 over Office 2000? I have WinXP home if that makes a difference.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It will possibly ask if you want to retain the old version anyway, but no "work" will be lost.

But as always you must always backup all valued work to external media anyway, to be safe (as hard drives do die and systems do get terminally corrupted irrespective of installing new software)

3. Cowboy622

Cowboy622 Thread Starter

Thanks.

4. Saxon

Saxon

I installed Word 2003 side by side with Word 2000. Word 2003 worked fine but when I tried to run Word 2000 I was asked to re-install it. It was never a happy union so in the end I had to choose one or the other. I'm sticking with Word 2000 a little while longer then will install Word 2003 when I've learned a little more about its workings and foibles.

5. Cowboy622

Cowboy622 Thread Starter

When I placed the CD into to install, I was prompted to choose whether to upgrade, complete install, customized install etc... I upgraded and everything works great. Outlook imported all my settings and all my documents are still there and accessible. Thanks everyone. Now I have the same program at work and home.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/500048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice