Can you recommend this laptop?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RustyBl0ck

I recently looked up to the New Dell XPS 17 with the following specs:

Intel Core i9-11980HK
16GB DDR4-3200MHz
512GB NVMe PCIe SSD
RTX 3060
4K 17" Display

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
cpu.JPG

gpu.JPG

That laptop has extremely impressive hardware.
I agree with doubling the amount of RAM and doubling the capacity of the SSD.

I'm sure that laptop doesn't come cheap.
And I'm guessing its power adapter weighs like a brick.

---------------------------------------------------

RustyBl0ck

View attachment 291414

View attachment 291415

That laptop has extremely impressive hardware.
I agree with doubling the amount of RAM and doubling the capacity of the SSD.

I'm sure that laptop doesn't come cheap.
And I'm guessing its power adapter weighs like a brick.

---------------------------------------------------
absolutely. For school, a HUGE bummer. The power adapter can officially be called a "BRICK". I'd probably install Manjaro and attempt to do SR-IOV to get VMs depending on the answer I posted in another thread I just made.

RustyBl0ck

absolutely. For school, a HUGE bummer. The power adapter can officially be called a "BRICK". I'd probably install Manjaro and attempt to do SR-IOV to get VMs depending on the answer I posted in another thread I just made.
For (multiple) VMs, RAM is a HUGE requirement in order to run 2 instances of VMs in a single machine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online