Can You Use More Than 1 Spyware Progam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moranacus

Can you use more than 1 spyware program at the same time(with active shields)????
Also, if you can does it bog down your computer????
I currently have the Free version of AVG Antivirus, TrojanHunter and CounterSpy for spyware. I'm really disappointed in the new version of CounterSpy(V2) because it likes to bog down my computer, I have to restart my computer after running a scan and I have to shutdown the active protection to get some programs to run.
I want to replace CounterSpy and was thinking of getting the following:
Spyware Terminator(which is free)
AVG Spyware program
SuperAntiSpyware
I also know about
SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster.
Whats the best combination of Spyware programs that won't conflict with eachother
or AVG Antivirus/TrojanHunter????
I would like ones with active protection and fast scans(also letting you choose what to scan).
THANKS!!!!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
It is unwise to run 2 or more resident antispyware with protection enabled

It is fine to have hundreds of scanners installed but you should only have 1 resident protection

However Windows Defender seems to work quite well with all the others when active

moranacus

Thanks for the info!!!! Can you tell me which SPYWARE program offers the best active protection????

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
I use SpyBot, Ad-Aware SE, Spyware Blaster and AVG Anti-virus.
What's also good is AVG's Anti-Spyware.

moranacus

I removed CounterSpy and installed the following:
SpywareGuard(active)
The Free Version Of AVG Antispyware(not active)
Windows Defender(active)
The trial Verision of SuperAntispyware Pro(active)
I have none of the problems I had with the latest version of
CounterSpy.
I also have TrojanHunter active protection and the free version of AVG Antivirus with active protection.
I noticed that I did have alittle slowdown if I turned on the resident shield for AVG Antispyware.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Slowdowns can happen w/ many active shields going on
You sound very well protected though

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online