1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannon BJC 6000

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Streaker, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Streaker

Streaker Thread Starter

We have a Cannon BJC 6000 printer and it is about five years old. The colours are all washed out and it doesn't print colours anything like what you see on the screen and everything looks washed out and muddy looking. The printer always seems to switch colours around as well. I use this computer partly for a business invoice. Any ideas of what is wrong? I've tried the internal cleaning and alignment of the printing heads and it has helped change the colour back to what it should be but it doesn't last long. I think the quality is still poor!

Maybe I should just buy a new printer! Any recommendations?

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Does the problem still occur with new cartridges?

:)

3. Norwalker

Norwalker

Some things to look at:

1) Age of the cartridges. If you use your printer infrequently, the ink in the cartridge can " dry up" a bit and contribute to poor results on the printed page. It would be a good idea to replace the cartridges every 4-6 months if you don't use them up by then.

2). Do you use "3rd party" ink refills? they sometimes can give less than desirable results

3). Are you printing in " Draft" or " Economy " Mode? Again, this can cause less than good results.

4). Possibly, the logic board on your printer is going. If this is the case, replace the printer...cost more to fix it.

I have an Epson that I like, but Hewlett-Packard also makes fine printers. If you are using your printer for business, I wouldn't go the "cheapest" route, but purchase one in the mid price range.

Good luck, and I hope this is helpful :cool:

4. Streaker

Streaker Thread Starter

The problem exists even with new cartridges.

We use the printer for both personal use and business so it gets used everyday.

We use Cannon ink cartridges only.

We are also printing in photo mode with photos and fine quality with important documents.

I don't know anything about logic boards but perhaps 5 years is good for a printer. The main thing is that everything looks dull and lacking vibrant colours so if that has some connection with the logic boards, then perhaps it is time to buy a new Hewart Packard or something. I have heard printers have really improved especially with photo realism and I have heard HP is one to be considered.

Thanks for your help and attention to my problem. I think I will start shopping around for printers. I like Cannons separte colour tanks so you don't have to throw out a cartridge because one colour runs out. Hopefully they are all following suit these days.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/74186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice