1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannon Bubble Jet Printer BJC-250

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Genesis D, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Genesis D

Genesis D Thread Starter

I have this Cannon Bubble Jet BJC-250 printer attached to a Gateway 486 computer and am having trouble with it's printing action. The problem is that when giving the command to print a document it starts printing, prints the top quarter of the page and stops. I have to follow the directions in the manual to eject the paper, but I can't find anything that adresses the fact that the printer will not print the entire page. I just put in a new ink cartridge, thinking that could be contributing to the problem, but the only help there is I can see what was printed on just the top of the page.

Genesis Design

2. billforce

billforce

What OS are you using?

billforce
    In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king!

3. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

<HR><MARQUEE><B><I><FONT COLOR="FF0000" SIZE=+3>Welcome to TSG!</MARQUEE></B></I></FONT><HR><P>
    It sounds like there may be a problem with Windows spooling.
    In printer properties, spooling button, make sure "print after document is spooled" is checked.

Another tip...download the BJC 1000 driver from Canon. It works great with the BJC 250, and is a <I><B>much</I></B> better driver! There may also be a problem with your printer driver that is causing it to print only a half page, and replacing the driver with the BJC 1000 driver would fix that.

4. Genesis D

Genesis D Thread Starter

I recieved the question from billforce "What OS are you using".
    I'm using Windows 95.

I also read the suggestions from brushmaster1 and tried to implement those suggestions.
    I checked the printer properties. Start printing after first page is spooled was checked.

I checked the next option, which was "Start printing after last page is spooled".

Then I tried to print a document with the same results of only the partial page printing. I took that spool setting back to the default, printed a document again with the same results.

That computer, the Gateway 486 with the Cannon Bubble Jet Printer BJC-250 attached does not have access to the internet.

This computer which is connected to the internet is a Dell Dimension 4400 with Windows XP home Edition. Is it possible to download the BJC 1000 driver to a floppy on this computer and then install the driver to the Gateway 486 by way of the A drive? The CD drive on the Gateway no longer is working.

Also can you tell me what the charges might be to download that driver. It might be just as economical to purchase a new printer.

5. billforce

billforce

The drivers from Canon are very reasonable considering that they are FREE! www.canon.com
    To answer your question ie: disquettes, yes you can download the drivers to your online PC, and create disquettes to load on the 486. Try it because it is free. I fully believe that if you delete the existing drivers and reload the new BJC 100, it will probably work for you.

billforce
    In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king!

6. billforce

billforce

Typo:

BJC 1000

7. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

The download file from Canon is much too large to fit on a floppy. It's an executable...just run it and select the "create floppies" option. You can then use the floppies to install the driver on your 486.

Yes, the BJC 1000 driver will work great with your BJC 250. The BJC 1000 was a direct replacement for the BJC 250. Internally, they are the same printer... but the BJC 250 was a bit better ;)

8. Genesis D

Genesis D Thread Starter

Thanks for you help, but I'm still having problems with the download. I got the usual window asking you what you wanted to do with a download; Open, Save, Cancel, or More Information. I did not get a "create floppies" option. I selected Save, and clicked A:drive. It started to load, but then I got a message that the file was too large and to put in a larger capacity disk. I did try putting in another floppy but that didn't work. I appreciate your help, but guess I still need moreof it.

Genesis Design

9. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

You will need to save the program to your <I><B>hard drive</I></B>, then run the program. It will create a folder called "BJDisk" and give you the option (in a DOS window) to create floppies.
    Once the driver is successfully installed on your other machine, you can delete the BJDisk folder if you wish.

10. Genesis D

Genesis D Thread Starter

Sorry to be so dense. You have been very helpful, but I'm afraid I still need more help.

I did download the BJC1000driver to my HARD DRIVE The file name it was given is BJv681.exe. I've tried to make the floppies but don't understand how I get into a DOS window, or what I do when I get there.

Thanks,
    Genesis Design

11. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

Find the file you downloaded. Double-click on it and it will run (it's a program). It will open a DOS window and extract several files to a folder called BJDisk. It will then show a screen with several options, one of which is "create floppies".

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/92285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice