1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannon MP160 Dies!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DNeurococo, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNeurococo

DNeurococo Thread Starter

I have an "all in one" printer scanner (Cannon MP160) that I am running with Windows XP.

The Cannon is brand new and was only used a few times. It totally died on me! No sign of power in the unit. The power strip is OK, (I have another printer plugged into the same strip) there was no "surge", lighting storm, or any other odd occurance. I used it successfully just seconds before it died for no apparent reason. I tried playing with the power cord, wiggling it around, unplugging and re-plugging to see if there was a short.

About the only thing I can think to do is try another power cord.

It seems really odd to me. Has anyone had a similar experience, or can you suggest anything to try? I already tried plugging into another outlet, hitting the "reset" button, etc.

But, I'm open for suggestions.

Also, I tried using my old "VISIONEER 7600" scanner, which worked fine with WIN98, but now with XP, it says it wants the "LPT Port (SPP/EPP) enabled". I believe that is just the standard printer port, correct? My second printer works fine, so doesn't that prove that LPT already IS enabled? The XP "help" is useless. It refers to "LPR" but not "LPT", or just routes you to "Wizard", which asks you to pick from a list of brand names that does NOT include "Visioneer".

P.S. I really, really HATE Windows, especially XP. I'm planning to convert to LINUX a.s.a.p. ! ! !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/551675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice