1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannon powershot A10 installation problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by apydoesntknowita, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. apydoesntknowita

apydoesntknowita Thread Starter

I lost the installation disc so went to Cannon and downloaded the k1a8_ukx.exe file then unzipped the files to C:\\windows\temp. Now what? I looked in the temp files and don't know what to do now.

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    try this. i also have a canon powershot digital camera different model tho.ive never had to use the disk with it if i even have one. just plug in the cord that came with the camera im assuming u have one and plug the other end into a usb port. u should see a notice that says found new hardware etc. then u should see i think scanner and camera wizard. just go from there. hope this helps u.

3. apydoesntknowita

apydoesntknowita Thread Starter

I did that and it asked for permission to connect to the net to find software, I click yes, then it says "If your hardware came with an installation CD then insert it now." Then gives an option of where to search for software, I try to type in the C:\\WINDOWS\TEMP folder, it says nothing available, eventually it says "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find necessary software."

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    well then im stumped for now. maybe someone else will have the answer u are looking for.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!