1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannon SLR W7 default folders?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Bumbledor, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bumbledor

Bumbledor Thread Starter

Howdy folks. Trying to help my 75 year old mom who lives 150 miles away..

She has one of those Cannon Digital SLR cameras. When she plugs in the memory chip into her computer, she says it automatically copies them over to a folder.. I do not know if it does or not. I would think that if shes using a card reader, it would not auto copy them..

Only if the memory chip is in the camera, and she plugs in the camera, would it auto copy. Am I correct in my understanding?

Also, if it did auto copy it, can anyone tell me what cannon's default folders are for windows 7 pro? Thanks.

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    I don't think that it copies the pictures automatically into a folder unless she chose it by default. It could be placed in several different places in the computer but most likely it will be under the pictures file or the downloads folder. She needs to see when she plugs in the camera to what location are the pictures being transferred, but I believe they should still be in her memory card.

3. vembutech

vembutech Banned

I think it is not possible to automatically copy the files. May be autoplay option which seems to be like copying the picture as said try to check the folder where it is copying hopefully that can help.

4. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    It will autocopy because when she first plugged the card into the computer a box popped up giving her the option of having the files copied to a folder. Part of that pop-up would have been a question asking if the computer should do the same action every time the card was put in. She probably said yes to that question without thinking about it. The same thing would apply to the folder where they are going. To find that just get the name of one picture file and do a search on the computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!