1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot Access a Specific Website

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Lailokentheyeti, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lailokentheyeti

Lailokentheyeti Thread Starter

I've searched around these forums and other forums for solutions, but nothing I've read has helped.

I'm trying to access my own website (www.fbod.net) and it won't load for me. I know for a fact that other people can access it. Nobody in my apartment can access the website (we're all on the same router).

I use Windows XP and Firefox. When I try to load the site I don't get an error, it just attempts to load indefinitely.

I have gone to Windows\system32\drivers\etc and checked the hosts file.

I've tried ipconfig /flushdns

I can ping the website and I get 4 packets sent, 4 packets received.

I cannot load the website by entering the IP adresss into the address window.

I cannot access my website through an FTP program. I get this error:
    I am able to access the website through a proxy site (www.phproxy.org).

As far as I know I don't have a firewall running.

I did find one website that suggested switching to a static IP, but when I tried that I lost my internet connection and it didn't come back until I reverted my settings. I may have just done it wrong, though.

2. Lailokentheyeti

I forgot to mention, I cannot access the site through Internet Explorer 6 either.

3. Lailokentheyeti

I said that I know for a fact that other people can access it fine. If other people couldn't then it'd be a problem with my host and I wouldn't be asking in here. :p

I doubt it's the same problem as your work. I don't host the site on my own server, so for me to access the site from my home computer is just like any other person trying to access it. It makes no difference that I own the site.

4. SouthernMail

SouthernMail

Okay. Sorry I replied. Post deleted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice