Cannot Access C: drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

whutwuzithinkin

This is on my sons computer with windows XP. I think he may have deleted some vital progams, drivers or pats of the operating system.

We cannot access the C: drive, so when we try to save a program such as excel it shuts down the program and gives us "Microsoft Excel for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I tried to delete unwanted programs and it give us access denied error.

I tried to do a restore and it will not even open up the restore option.

Please HELP.

Thank you

hiya,have you got the windows xp installation disc,if so enter BIOS and set the boot order to CD/DVD Rom as 1st boot,put the disc in the optical drive and reboot the pc,wait for the prompt to press any key,press any key and windows will start loading the files,continue the on screen prompts press F8 then you will come to a screen that gives you the option to repair your system,you will need your windows cd key and when the repair has finished it will require all microsoft updates,for a detailed account on how to repair windows go here.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...4IGYAg&usg=AFQjCNE5_HE5cvQmC6wllOcZUcOCyPmeWA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online