1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot access Facebook site on laptop, can access on Iphone

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tinarappa, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tinarappa

tinarappa Thread Starter

This started yesterday morning...I work from home so am on my laptop pretty much all day...I teach online classes and have a very large FB group to communicate with my students, coordinate classes...etc. So it's a very important component for my business!! I was able to access the site no problem as soon as I woke up, but then all of a sudden it froze and would not load after that. Every time I try to access the site I receive the message "This site can't be reached" and it times out. I tried every solution I read about - cleared my cache and cookies...restarted my laptop...flushed the DNS cache...nothing works. I am by far not a "techy" so I need help please! Is this a Facebook issue?? I can access the site just fine on my Iphone. I have a Chromebook I received as a gift last year that I never use...I pulled that out it seems to be able to access Facebook, but very sporadically....sometimes I get the same error on that laptop as well. I know there must be a simple fix....but I am totally stumped and very frustrated!! Thank you so much!

2. tinarappa

tinarappa Thread Starter

Here is my laptop info (but the same thing happens on my Chromebook too which I never use!) In fact, I was just able to access Facebook on my Chromebook and after a few minutes it froze and then gave me the same error "this site can't be reached"....so is this a network thing?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 48 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7105 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R5, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 921 GB (788 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 08C2X1
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

3. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

4. DiceDiceKitty

DiceDiceKitty

So, something very similar is going on with me. Got up this morning to write - I use WordPress. I also manage several social media sites for my blogging personality, so I went to check Facebook and BAM! My desktop wouldn't connect to the internet anymore. I turned it off and back on and was able to access the net again, until I went to FB. I thought it was because the desktop is a dinosaur, so I went to my newer laptop and same issue. The net isn't affected for anything else - Roku, phones, PS4, even the other computer after it's restarted. As long as I don't go to Facebook, I can do anything else on the net and that's happening on both computers.

5. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

6. DiceDiceKitty

DiceDiceKitty

Thanks. It doesn't explain why it would have caused my computers to lose internet access completely. I could still access Facebook via my phone.

It's not causing the problem anymore though, so hopefully it doesn't happen anymore.

7. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

You're welcome.

8. elevano

elevano

First Name:
    Elevano
    I think, There is some issue on server.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice