Cannot access folder in MP3 player

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fitz

I have a portable MP3 player but can't find a brand-name mentioned anywhere in the packaging, but it's the flat cigar shaped type of player that is currently very common at the cheaper end of the market. I get a message saying "The file or directory is corrupt or unreadable"
I have put all music into a folder of that name, and, until yesterday, I was able to add new tracks or remove them from my PC, but as of this morning, my home PC and now my PC at work cannot access the Music folder.
I can still play the tracks on the player, and can delete them using the MP3 controls, but cannot access this folder on a PC. I can load new tracks or material into what little space remains on the root directory, but when I try to play these on the player, I get an hourglass icon for about 30 seconds, and the player then switches itself off.
given that the MP3 player does still play, isthere anything I can do to remedy the PC folder access problem?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Try reformatting it in Disk Management and then see if you can load the music properly.

Fitz

OK. I've reformated the player, and that seems to have fixed the problem. There's no point in keeping folders in any case as far as I can see on a player with only 256MB.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online