1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot access internet on my XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by carolavis, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carolavis

carolavis Thread Starter

I have been trying to clean up the programs on my other computer (XP). I tried to delete a program called CGIndia which I never use. It wouldn't uninstall and now I get the dreaded message"IE has encountered a problem and must close" They mention that the offending program is tbcgin.dll After that there is a choice of sending an error message and I clicked send but does anything ever happen after that. Does that fix it? If it is supposed to, it doesn't. I have DSL now so modem involved. What do you think? Thanks. Carolavis

2. ihelp

ihelp

First step you can try is :
    start-run-inetcpl.cpl and click on ok
    Clear all the temporary files and stored information and on the programs tab click on manage add-ons and disable all the add-ons.
    resore to default everything on each and every tab.
    Be sure also to click on the settings button in the general tab and clear contents of view objects and view files and everything else as well.
    Than try to open IE and try to go online.

If this doesnt work than try this :
    Start-run-msconfig
    In the system config utility - click on the startup tab-click on disable all
    -click on services tab-put a check on hide all microsoft services and than clck on
    disable all.
    -Than click on apply-click on close and restart the computer and than try to go online

3. carolavis

carolavis Thread Starter

Thanks to ihelp, the problem is fixed. Carolavis

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/561170