Cannot Access Internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SWAGATAROY

I USE A LENOVO FLEX 10 LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS 8, BUT I CANNOT ACCESS THE INTERNET IN ANY WAY. BOTH THE WIFI AND THE MOBILE NETWORK CONNECTIONS WHEN CONNECTED SHOW INTERNET ACCESS, BUT NO BROWSER CAN OPEN ANY SITE. PLEASE SUGGEST A REMEDY,
ALSO I HAVE TRIED UNINSTALLING AND REFRESHING THE WIFI ADAPTER FROM DEVICE MANAGER, BUT NOTHING HELPS

TerryNet

Terry
Press the <caps lock> key once. That should allow you to type mostly in lower case, using upper case where appropriate. That makes reading easier and understanding more likely.

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

Couriant

James
Both computer and mobile (cellphone)? If you do have a cell phone, turn off wireless so you are on your cell carrier data to confirm it works.

Please forgive spelling and misworded errors. My phone likes to autocorrect a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWAGATAROY

Sorry for the uppercase typing...
I use Net Protector Antivirus but by turning off the firewall(as well as the in-built firewall of windows 8) also i cannot access the internet

Couriant

James
You didn't answer my question ;) does all (more than 1) of your wireless devices does not connect to the internet?

SWAGATAROY

I use my home wifi for wlan connection. as an alternative i also have tried using internet through my carrier network. but both of them pose the same problem: they show that there is internet access but i cannot access any internet site.
i tried calling microsoft also, but inorder to repair they have to take remote access of my device, which is also not being possible..

TerryNet

Terry
Uninstall Net Protector Antivirus and if they offer a Removal Tool use that also.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online