1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot access server

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by andrewthegrate, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewthegrate

andrewthegrate Thread Starter

Okay, I'm stumped

I am trying to access a webserver from a PC and the browser tells me the server is down. Tried pinging it and I get a timed out response. nslookup fails to find the server. tried turning the firewall off, tried checking the content setting in the internet options, tried explorer and firefox. all with no luck. The user can email people at the site without any problems. The workstation can access pretty much any other server

I know the server I am trying to access is up and running because if I go down the street to another computer, I can browse the site and ping the address with no problems. Not only that, the site has around 500 subscribers and no-one else hase any problems.

There is something weird going on here. Any thoughts would be good. I am running Spybot on the workstation at the moment but have no real hope that it will turn up anything.

Workstation is a pentium 4 running Windows XP from a small office using a Seimens Speedstream modem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice