Cannot access shared file on Network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I'm having a Strange problem. When i try to Explorer files in a network location by typing \\<Computer Name> it does not work, Network path not Found error appears. But i can browse files using IP Address.
Whats Strange (to me) is:
1. This Happen only at this particular machine only. I can Explorer files using the Computer name from other machines.
2. nslookup shows the correct IP.
3. I can connect to the file server using Remote Desktop by typing the Computer Name.

I Hope there is someone who can Help me on this.

I have 2 computers running Windows 7. I have both set up for Homegroup. How do I get the data from the other computer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online