1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot access Shared Folders

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ttan98, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttan98

ttan98 Thread Starter

I just bought a media server(MS) with an Ethernet connection and attach it to my router(with wireless features). Connected to this router is my server and a number of wireless laptops. After setting up the system I am able to access my server or laptops from the media server end, ie the laptops and server appear on the media server. I am UNABLE to access the MS's hard drive from my laptops or server(ie no ICON/shared folders appears on my server or laptops), even though the media server has an IP address and I am to ping this IP address and get a response, ie no lost packets.

I then try using the net view command on this IP address I get the following message:

System error 53 has occurred
    The network path not found.

My MS does not have that many options to change. This MS has a hard drive which I like to access which I cannot.

Many thanks if anyone can help. I can supply more info if required.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Could you share the exact make/model of this media server and the router?

3. ttan98

ttan98 Thread Starter

I build the server myself, the router is Dynalink and media server is Noontec V8.

I am sure there is someone here is can tell me what error 53 means.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/912447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice