1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot access some websites on network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by radioguy, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radioguy

radioguy Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a small home network set up. Server is a HP box running WinXP SP2. Networked computers are a mix of winxp and win98se.

In the beginning, everything was working OK. We had wireless internet. The server was setup to accept dhcp from the wireless router, then the server ran dhcp to the networked computers in the house.

Well, the ISP went into receivership, another larger company picked up the service. I talked to their support people, and they gave me a user name and password since they use pppoe.

So, I set up the pppoe on the server, it connects no problem. I can surf from the server. So I set up the ICS service. I went to one of the networked computers. Tried ebay, no problem. Tried hotmail, no dice. Go to the server, try hotmail, it works! Very wierd.

I try a tracert www.hotmail.com from a win98 machine. It seems to find the route OK. I am at the end of my networking experience, so I would appreciate any help from the community.

Thanks
    radioguy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/555989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice