Cannot access windows updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PSCO2007

Hello all,
I had a nasty virus which AVG remote said they fixed.
I still cannot access Windows updates.
I ran a Malewaresbytes scan and they said I had 5 trojans and removed them.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3905
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

4/7/2010 5:18:45 PM
mbam-log-2010-04-07 (17-18-45).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 131984
Time elapsed: 14 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.ExeFile) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Rogue.MultipleAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.StartMenuInternet) -> Bad: ("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe" /START "firefox.exe") Good: (firefox.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.StartMenuInternet) -> Bad: ("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe" /START "iexplore.exe") Good: (iexplore.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command\(default) (Hijack.StartMenuInternet) -> Bad: ("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe" /START "firefox.exe -safe-mode") Good: (firefox.exe -safe-mode) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Attachments

PSCO2007

Found out that my AVG virus program had been corrupted.
All is now well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online