cannot access windowsapps folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

adamx

Every day I get error messages saying that Windows cannot access specified device or path or file (path is c:\programfiles\windowsapps\....(acrobat, skype etc).
I do not know how this happened but will you please help me with instructions for getting the permissions back? I am also unable to install windows update 1803 and 1809 even with only Microsoft services running, no start-up items and all third party antivirus programs uninstalled. I am hoping that once permissions to this folder are restored, I may be able to install the updates as well.

Thanks

Arun

Backup your data files first. Then go download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it and it will generate a Windows DVD/USB memory stick. Boot the media and choose Custom install, delete the C partition and let it continue. Upgrades from 2 versions back is not recommended.

adamx

Backup your data files first. Then go download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it and it will generate a Windows DVD/USB memory stick. Boot the media and choose Custom install, delete the C partition and let it continue. Upgrades from 2 versions back is not recommended.

Thank you. What a pain...so I will have to reinstall all my programs? Is there any easier way than this? I am not sure how many future updates may fail, given how "well" these updates installed so far.

Just a few days ago, my computer showed that everything was up to date. I do not know why it is trying to reinstall 1803 now.

Sorry to contradict you Electricity. It has been the collective memory of this forum that Registry Cleaners trash Windows 10 machines.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online