Cannot Add Or Remove User Accounts While Logged In As Administrator

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

setotitan

Okay I'm having an issue that's causing me to physically abuse my computer. For some reason I can no longer edit user account information. The following options do not work:

Add or Remove User Accounts
Create an Administrator Account
Create an Account
Create Standard User Account
Turn Guest Account On / Off

All the options appear, it's just when I click on them nothing happens?! I'm logged in as Administrator, I even unlocked the hidden Administrator account and am still running into the same issues. As far as answers go all I can find is the typical, "do a system restore", "reinstall Windows", crap like that. I was hoping someone may have a better answer. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Can anyone help?

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
What kind if tweaking has been being done on this machine?

Did this machine come with the problem OS?

If not, where did you get this copy of the OS?

What is your reluctance about System Restore? It is a very good and practical suggestion.

NoAccess rootkit virus, could be any number of things. System restore would be my first choice.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online