1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot adjust brightness windows 10 Lenovo IdeaPC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zortacular, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zortacular

zortacular Thread Starter

Thank you forum! Much gratitude here for your selfless service!!

I am not very tech savvy but I am usually able to solve my own problems. My cat jumped on my keyboard, my display went dim and I could not adjust it ! :( I am able to move the brightness bar up and down but nothing happens. First, I tried a system restore but that did not work. I went back about a month which was the earliest restore point I had. Then I went to device driver and looked to see if my driver was functioning properly. I was told it was updated and functioning properly. I tried clicking on the windows generic monitor driver also as advised which did nothing. I went to the device driver on the pc and updated from that which also did not work. I am using windows 10.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8047 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -1984 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 905049 MB, Free - 813152 MB; D: Total - 25599 MB, Free - 25516 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO, INVALID
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Two of the keys on the keyboard are used to adjust the brightness; but, if they are printed in the second color, you may need to hold down the Fn key for them to function. If you can't find them (they look like little suns), I need the model number of the Lenovo to help you more.

3. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    On one Lenovo keyboard I looked at, it appears to be on the F5 and F6 keycaps.

4. zortacular

zortacular Thread Starter

Thanks for the help!! I tried a solution I googled. I used a generic driver and that did the trick. Thanks again for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1177407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice