1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot Adjust Volume

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by NYCnewbie, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NYCnewbie

NYCnewbie Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I posted this earlier in the Multimedia thread but was told to post it here.

I have been having trouble with my sound this past week. Is stays at 100%. I try to slide my volume, but it quickly goes back to 100%. I don't know what the problem is. I have ran dxdiag and it says there are no problems found. My speakers are Conexant High Definition SmartAudio. I have tried pretty much everything: googling it, but no answers there.

I do believe my roommate has something to do with it. He went to high school for technology, and after a dispute over my music being too loud he said he would start to control my volume. Some time during the week, I had found my computer had mysteriously restarted. So this has led me to believe that he has installed a program, which allows him to control my volume. I want to make sure he's doing this, so he can face the consequences. I just need your help. Is there something installed in my computer? What can I do to get rid of it?

There's also another strange thing that occurred. After posting this in the Multimedia thread, my volume somehow became adjustable again. Weird. I now have a feeling he can see what I do on my computer, and realized I posted this? I am so confused. I just would like answers.

Thanks so much beforehand. My operating system is Windows Vista and I have an HP Notebook PC, if that helps.

2. NYCnewbie

NYCnewbie Thread Starter

3. NYCnewbie

NYCnewbie Thread Starter

excuse me if this is early, but...

...bump

4. NYCnewbie

NYCnewbie Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!