1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot boot from CD or HDD(STOP error incl)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by balls, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. balls

balls Thread Starter

Hi, so I've had a fully functional homebuild pc for 7 months without any problem. I boot it up this morning and It cannot start up, it tries to boot up from Nvidia Network and a "cable missing".

I switched the booting sequence to HDD, CD and then Network and still no luck. Heck, I can't even boot from my windows CD, I get an stop: 0x00000073 from there.

Frustating, I checked all my cables and everythings alright. Perhaps it's sometihng with my HDD?

I also noticed that it only recognices my two dvd readers and no hdd when trying to boot.

On Vista ultimate, evga 780i.

Thanks in advance.

2. balls

balls Thread Starter

Urgent, immediate help please!!! :(

3. By_Rock

By_Rock

What is your pc feature?

4. By_Rock

By_Rock

Here is an idea:
    Here are the symptoms:

• You have 4 GB of RAM (or rather, more than 3 GB).
    • You are trying to install the 64-bit version of Windows Vista.
    • After the first reboot, when your computer boots off of the hard disk for the first time, Windows crashes with a BSOD with error code 0x0000007F.
    • Whatever hardware swapping you do doesn't seem to help; it still gives you the blue screen at every boot.

A friend ran into this issue earlier today. After some searching and digging through a lot of not very useful information, we found out that the solution is pretty simple.

• Remove 2 GB of RAM, or whatever it takes to only have 2 GB in the machine.
    • Run the Vista install.
    • Install the x64 version of the KB929777 hotfix from Microsoft.
    • Put your RAM back in.

Note that this particular issue should not occur if you are using a Windows Vista SP1 (or newer) install disc, it is only an issue with the RTM version.

5. balls

balls Thread Starter

Oh, I ran into those exact same problems 7 months ago on my first windows install.

But it's been 7 months ago I fixed that:D Thanks a bunch anyways mate.

6. balls

balls Thread Starter

UPDATE

I found the root cause of the problem by using Startup Repair from the vista CD and the cause was it cannot find any harddisk.

I unplugged all wires connecting to and from hdd and motherboard, plugged them in again and it still won't recognize the HDD.

Heres info from the diagnose:
    ------------------
    Systemdisk =
    Windows-folder =
    AutoChk run = 0
    Number of rootcauses = 1

Tests completed
    ------------------
    Result: completed. Errorcode = 0x0

and rest useless info.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice