1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot boot into Windows but only BIOS

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jfy88, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfy88

jfy88 Thread Starter

My goal was to extend my C: drive by shrinking my D: drive and then using that unallocated space for extending C. I have a single HDD. Using Disk Management, I have not reached my goal yet but in the process I switched the disk from Basic to Dynamic, thinking that dynamic disk would allow me to extend a drive with an area that is not contiguous. (adjacent to C)
    I realized that switching to dynamic disk did not allow me to extend the C: drive. So I wanted to switch back to Basic disk type but I did not see a way to do so in Disk Management so I used a program called AOMEI Partition Assistant which includes a Dynamic Disk Converter. After running this disk converter that supposedly converts from Dynamic back to Basic, I was not able to boot into Windows after restarting.

At the moment, I am not sure how to extend my drive but my immediate problem is that I cannot boot into Windows anymore. The system boots straight to BIOS even though I have checked the single HDD that contains the OS/boot files is visible and that is in the first boot priority.

Can you take a look at the screenshots I took from my BIOS and tell me what the issue is?
    http://www.dropbox.com/sh/fu6zqj2wzia7fgz/AACPFGe76W_yYIndAVdaXjhNa?dl=0

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice