1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot boot my toshiba laptop. Pxe error!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Laur8246, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Laur8246

Laur8246 Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite P755 laptop. I recently purchased a new battery and a new hard drive bc both were damaged. The same error I was getting before I installed the new equipment, I am still getting now with the new equipment. I cannot even get into Windows or press F8 to get into safe mode. After the computer starts up I get a PXE-E61 error that constantly repeats itself and my only other options are to go into F2 or F12, both of which do nothing to help me. Being that I have put a brand new blank hard drive in, why am I still getting this error??? Please help!!!!

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Your second quote answers the first question. If there is nothing on the drive, you are not going to "get into windows" Windows must be installed on the drive.

Next you post that you installed the drive because of damage. It is very possible that the controller on the mb was damaged as well.

When you enter the bios, is your drive shown in the bios or does it not show any drives?
    If the drive is not shown in the bios, it can only be one of the following;
    1 Drive is defective
    2 MB and or controller was damaged
    3 Drive is not fully seated in the drive bay

3. Laur8246

Laur8246 Thread Starter

Yes the drive does show up in BIOS. How do I get past the error message to be able to reinstall windows? My laptop didn't come with any software it was all internally installed.

4. Frozwire

Frozwire

You could probably ask Toshiba support and order for a recovery disk for your laptop. Or alternatively you can obtain a legitimate copy of Windows Installation disk for you to be able to install an OS in your laptop.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    To get past the "error" you need to insert the Toshiba Recovery media or a Windows installation disc and install Windows.

If you did not make the recovery discs as prompted too when you first setup the laptop you will need to order them from Toshiba from here: https://support.toshiba.com/repair

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1130105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice