1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot Boot Up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Screlge, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Screlge

Screlge Thread Starter

I have just bought a new Acer Notebook and have been loading my appz. Now when I try to boot I get the error message: igfxsrvc Module has encountered a problem and Windows needs to close.

I can boot up in Safe Mode and I have tried two System Restores without success. I have also tried "Last Known Good Configuration" but that doesn't work at all.

This is the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator. I have updated the driver but it has no effect.

When I try to get into Control Panel (in Safe Mode) I get the Error Message "CTF Loader encountered a problem and has to close", I can then get in to Control Panel.

Zone Alarm Security Suite did pick up W32.Gael worm when I loaded Spybot. I don't know whether that could be of any significance

My OS is XP Home SP2.

Help would be appreciated. :(

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

3. Screlge

Screlge Thread Starter

Can I download it? I wasn't provided with a Recovery Disk. I have already updated the driver.

Thanks for your help.

4. Screlge

Screlge Thread Starter

I have decided to reinstall the OS because of the worm and it has worked, although the W32. Gael worm had got into the Acer Recovery Management Utility.

Thanks for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice