1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot "burn" video files (.avi) on my TDK burner

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by zeilbootman, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zeilbootman

zeilbootman Thread Starter

Hi,
    I downloaded some videofiles from the Net (Morpheus) which are now located in my shared file.
    I am trying to burn cd's from these videos but my burner keeps on rejecting them. (The following message shows up after I press the record "button" on my TDK software" wheel": "Bad scan of MP3 file. The file is probably corrupted,recording impossible")
    The video file description is Codec: div3, div4
    and the file suffix is .avi
    In my playlist all the video files have the suffix .avi
    My TDK burner works great on any audio Mp3 files.
    In Tools under preferences file types I selected "all" ,I still get the same message. There are other selections under "tools" I did not change.
    What do I need to do to burn those video files?

2. slipe

slipe

It sounds as though you are trying to burn them as audio and the software is trying to convert them to audio CD (CDA) format. You can’t burn them as video either unless you convert them to MPEG- standard. You can record them so they can be played on your computer by recording them as data.

What burner and software? Perhaps someone who uses the software can tell you specifically how to set up the record for data.

3. zeilbootman

zeilbootman Thread Starter

Thanks Slipe,
    I am using the TDK 24x10x40x "velocd internal with Nero5.5 and In-Cd,TDK Digital Mixmaster

4. slipe

slipe

With Nero just select “Data CD” in the opening wizard and drag the files into the record window.

You can only play the .avi files on your computer. If you want to play them in an entertainment DVD player they have to be converted to MPEG-1 with specific attributes. From Sony:

“MPEG-1 files to go on a Video CD need to be “formatted for Video CD
    according to the following standards:
    NTSC 352 x 240 @30Hz (for United States)
    PAL 352 x 288 @25Hz (for most of Europe)
    Film 352 x 240 @30Hz
    Audio inside the MPEG-1 file should be 44KHz.

Several manufacturers offer formatting tools and capture boards that will save captured
    video to MPEG-1 specifically for Video CD creation. For capture boards and software,
    Sony recommends Dazzle Multimedia (www.dazzle.com). To convert MPEG-1 files that
    you currently have to Video CD form, try out XingMPEG (www.xingtech.com).”

I’ve never worked with video, but it looks as though it is going to be complicated to convert avi files to VCD. I doubt the quality would be that great anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice