1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Cannot Cancel Disk Check

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by EthanP79, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EthanP79

EthanP79 Thread Starter

I have an HP desktop. I restarted it, and I keep getting the same message, "One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency." When I got that message before, it would allow me to skip the disk check by pressing any button on my keyboard, but now, it ignores my efforts to skip. Yes, the keyboard works fine and is plugged all the way in. Anyway, it scans the disk and looks like it's going to start up, but it just cycles back through and repeats the process over and over. I have no idea how to get out of this endless cycle. Can anyone help please?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try booting with the Windows DVD / usb stick and choose Repair

3. EthanP79

EthanP79 Thread Starter

Thanks you. I actually had to do 2 system restores from 2 different dates to get it to work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice