1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot change Administrator password

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Charlton, Mar 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlton

Charlton Thread Starter

I'm currently running Windows 2000 server and try to rename or change the administrator password. However, it won't let me do. The Administrator properties under Account options show a check mark and is shaded "password never expires".

Is there any way I can change it or it is set during the installation process.

Please help, thanks in advance.
    CF

2. tom007

tom007

made sure you have administrator right, if you don't have admin. right you not able to change

cheer uo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!