1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot change ie or firefox url desktop shortcut icon

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jsonadam, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jsonadam

jsonadam Thread Starter

I used to be able to drag a url to my desktop from ie or firefox and change the shortcut just as I would for other desktop shortcuts. Now when I try, if it is an ie shortcut, it does not change, and if it is a firefox shortcut and I attempt to change it, it goes to the default ie shortcut icon. I did create a url desktop shortcut a few weeks ago before this problem started happening and that icon has remained changed. Please help. My children need different icons in order to go directly to some of the educational pages they use. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648986