cannot change logon screen xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fastlane247

It's My Birthday!
Hi I want to change my logon and boot screen in xp and ever since i did the xp updates it will not allow me to do this it actually crashes my os and i have to format to recover. Anyone got any suggestions?

Try logging on as an administrator to make the change,if it works,then your problem is that your user account needs to be given administrative access.

Fastlane247

It's My Birthday!
no that is how i did change it... it only does this after i run updates... oh well not a biggie...

Aren't those typically done with 3rd party software which modifies NTOSKRNL.EXE booting with that modified file. I would expect this would happen after some of the security updates.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online