1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot change logon screen xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Fastlane247, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hi I want to change my logon and boot screen in xp and ever since i did the xp updates it will not allow me to do this it actually crashes my os and i have to format to recover. Anyone got any suggestions?

2. rude

rude

Try logging on as an administrator to make the change,if it works,then your problem is that your user account needs to be given administrative access.

3. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

no that is how i did change it... it only does this after i run updates... oh well not a biggie...

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Aren't those typically done with 3rd party software which modifies NTOSKRNL.EXE booting with that modified file. I would expect this would happen after some of the security updates.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!