cannot change permissions on UAC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mobr

Hi,

I am trying to change the permissions in UAC as at present I can only access the properties box. If I try running user.exe I get nothing.

I am trying this from the adminstrator account not a user with admin privileges.

On the user account control properties tab the only group to have full control is trustedinstaller. All other groups have only read/read & execute privilege.

The security tab on properties will allow me to change permissions but when I click apply I get "access denied.

I have tried going into safe mode, shutting down zone alarm, creating another test account with admin rights and turning off UAC from the user account box in control panel.

I have searched this forum and others for an answer but have found none.

Thanks,

Mo

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Remember that their are some permissions that you will NOT be able to change on a Vista machine.

What permissions are you trying to change?

mobr

Sorry for lateness of reply,

I understand what your saying but I used to be able to run user.exe but cant any longer. The best I can access is the properties box.

Its not so much what permissions I am trying to change but the fact that i cannot.

Surely the admin account should be able to set permissions to the same level as trusted installer.

Many thanks,

Mo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online