Cannot Close tabs on Firefox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TypeSK

Firefox 3.6.2 on WinXP

I cannot close some tabs on Firefox. i had to close firefox and reopen to "close it"

i could not middle mouse click it close, CTL+W close, or right click the tab to close (option was greyed out). there was no X on the tab to close either.

i have attached a screenshot.

what i did notice was a shield with exclamation icon over the icon on the tabs that i could not close.

any ideas? unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce it though ever since restarting the browser. but i did take a screenshot

Attachments

LauraMJ

Administrator
You somehow inadvertently set those tabs to be "locked" or "protected" so that they cannot be accidentally closed.

If you right-click on a tab, you should see an option to "lock" or "protect" the tab. If you lock it, I believe you can right-click again and unlock it. I'm not sure, because I never have used that option.

TypeSK

ya, looks like that was it. never seen that before. i wonder what the keybind to do that?

thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online