1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot communicate with primary dns,,,with a twist

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by elseano, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elseano

elseano Thread Starter

hello there,

I live in australia am using cable internet with bigpond, the problem is my mum plays poker on her laptop (lenovo) running windows vista she plays on pokerstars.com and surfs the net a bit, everyrthing is working fine however when she tries to go to testpokerstars.com she gets "internet cannot display this page,,,diagnose connectio problem" when i click the diagnose connection problem i get "cannot communicate with primary dns server (61.9.134.49)" ive had a goodle and looked on here and found people with a similar problem however the net is finr (im typing this on the problem comp) so im not quite sure if its the site (although others can use it) or what to do,

im not much of a computer whiz nor is my mum so please go easy but PLEASE HELP

cheers

2. nightowl123

nightowl123

i have the same problem, was wondering if anyone has come up with an answer?

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Try going to OpenDNS, find and use the walkthrough to change your DNS settings to 208.067.222.222 and 208.067.220.220 respectively and see if that helps. If you get the same message look for some sort of content filtering software or virus and security protection program that is blocking some sites.

4. nightowl123

nightowl123

Hi and thank you for the reply.
    I tried the opendns but still have the problem.
    I downloaded the testpokerstars but cannot get into it to play.
    It just comes up as internet connectivity.
    Not sure what to do now.
    I don't know much about the workings of computers, I just hit the keyboard.

But thanks again for helping

Cheers

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

That just means you DNS is probably working fine. If all other sites work as well then it has to be filtering or blocking software (or hardware) that isn't allowing the connection to go through. Do other computers get through using the same Internet connection? If they do then the system that won't most likely has software on it that's blocking the site. Norton Antivirus, MaCaffe, ZA, Windows firewall, any number of other programs. I don't know how trustworthy a site it is but even browsers with phishing filters turned on might be seeing something and blocking the site though you should get some sort of message to that effect I would suspect. I'd ask the other people who use it locally if there's anything they have to do to get through and use the site.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice