Cannot complete CD Writing Wizard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cmcnally

I intalled Nero because I wanted to try out overburning. That failed miserably, and now, I can't burn using the XP Utility. (I'm using SP2.) I tried uninstalling Roxio, reinstalling the CD-RW Driver, and running the Nero General Cleanup tool. The Cleanup tool said I had directed it to an invalid path, even though I put in C:>Program Files>Nero, where there were still files present. But it did something anyway and said it had been completed.

I also found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129

which lists my error specifically and says "This error message may occur if the IMAPI CD Burner service is turned off. To resolve this issue, make sure that the service is running and that it has not been turned off. By default, the service is set to Manual. Start the IMAPI CD Burner service, and then test it by writing to a CD-R or a CD-RW. If the service works, you may have to set the service to Automatic if it does not start in Manual mode. To set the service to Automatic, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc /s in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Double-click IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service.
3. Under Service Status, click Start.
4. Try to write data to a CD."

I thought I had the solution here, because when I ran services the IMAPI CD-Burning software was stopped and on manual, but when I started it and put it on automatic, the same thing happened. Also, each time I restart the computer, it stops even though it is set on automatic.

I think the IMAPI CD-Burning COM service might be the problem, but how can I get it to actually stay "started" and burn CDs. Any suggestions?

cmcnally

Well, I reinstalled Windows and it fixed the problem. Not sure what setting or registry key caused it, but I'm glad I didn't have to format to fix. Hope this helps someone else with the same problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online