1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot connect Canon IR3300 to pc via lan

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sanju7, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sanju7

Sanju7 Thread Starter

i have recently changed my router from bsnl modem to TP Link Wr740n i was using the canon ir3300 just fine when i was having bsnl modem after changing it to tp link the installed network printer shows offline and when i uninstalled the current printer drivers from my pc and wanted to re installe it the ip address wont show up

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    THis may be a dumb question, but have you checked the IP of the Canon and the IP's handed out by DHCP to make sure they're on the same subnet?

3. Sanju7

Sanju7 Thread Starter

its not a dumb question dude, i have checked the ip address like a million times and it is in the correct way but still i wont get the network printer to work

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Ok. Why don't you post complete IP configurations of both the computer and the Canon? Something may "jump out" as incorrect?
    Are both units set to DHCP or static IP? If not, then try to set them as such, restart both and see if you can connect.
    Also, can you ping the Canon from either the machine or the TPlink (if the tplink has that feature)?
    Try to disable all AV and firewall s/w and ping.
    Boot in safe mode with networking and try to ping.

5. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    BTW:
    When I say post all IP configurations I mean.
    IP address
    Subnet Mask
    Default Gateway
    DNS

I don't mean to sound patronizing but I have no idea as to your level of expertise.

6. Sanju7

Sanju7 Thread Starter

im sending u my TP Link Status which i got u tell me what should i put in my Canon IR3300 to get the lan working so i could print from my PC via IR3300

Attached Files:

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Forget the status screen. Show DHCP Clients List.

8. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    As plodr said. The status is unimportant. Show the DHCP client setup and list. Also give us ip setup of printer.
    I looked at both the old modem and the new TPlink. Seems like they are, from factory, set to two different subnets. So, if your Canon has a static IP my guess would be that it is something like this "192.168.1.xxx" and as you can see from the screenshot your TPlink is "192.168.0.100"
    The first thing I'd do, just for the hell of it, is to change the IP of the TPLink to "192.168.1.1", then set the DHCP address pool to Start "192.168.1.101" and End "192.168.1.254"
    Restart your Modem, TPlink, printer and computer.
    If that did it? Great.. If not,we'll need the ip configuration of DHCP, Client list/Config, and the IP configuration of the Canon.

9. Sanju7

Sanju7 Thread Starter

Wow that Worked........!!! Thank u so Much Dude it was so helpful thank u a million times

10. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    You're welcome. Just for future references. It seems like your Canon has a static IP with "192.168.1.xxx" and your router was assigning "192.168.0.xxx" Those are two completely different networks and explains why the devices couldn't see each other.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1169005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice